2. Paradise Boutique Hotel, Cairo
Near shops, 10 minutes walk to Tahrir Square and the Egyptian Museum, to the airport – 16 km. The staff is declared as multilingual, but you should not count on the ability to express yourself in Russian.
In-room Paradise Boutique Hotel: Wi-Fi, air conditioning, shower, shampoo and soap, flat-screen TV with premium channels, wardrobe, some rooms have a seating area.
Prices: Economy double room — 27 USD.
Services: free breakfast, dry cleaning/laundry, safe at reception, 24-hour room service, daily housekeeping.
Cons: The building is old, the rooms need renovation. Other guests may smoke on site. There are a lot of mosquitoes, so take a fumigator with you. Traditionally poor soundproofing: very noisy at night.1/1
3. Amigo Hotel Dahab, Dahab
Located on a private beach in the Gulf of Aqaba. The airport is 1.5 hours away.
In the roomAmigo Hotel Dahab: air conditioning and balcony, cable TV and minibar, bathroom, Wi-Fi.
Prices: standard double room – 28 USD.
Services: outdoor pool with sun loungers, playground for children, night club, beach and pool bars, diving center.
- The beach is not the cleanest and most comfortable. The sea water in the pool quickly turns green.
- The staff is not multilingual, although friendly: only the manager speaks English.
- Old foundation, rooms in need of renovation.
- Wi-Fi available only at the reception.
- Sound of cars from the street.1/1
What else to read on the topic
- Why Hurghada for simpletons, and charm – for the rich?
- The best unusual souvenirs from Egypt: surprise your loved ones
- What sharks are found in the Red Sea of Egypt and what you need to know about them
4. Ciao Hotel, Nuweiba
Located 1.4 km from Nuweiba. Near a beautiful reef – you can see fish and turtles.
In the room Ciao Hotel: bathroom, wardrobe, cable TV, air conditioning. Comfortable pillows and mattresses (as a rule, in Egypt they are hard).
Prices: double room — 70 USD.
Services: breakfasts, bar and restaurant, cafe with hookahs, swimming pool, tennis, volleyball, excursions to the mountains and the desert, Wi-Fi in public areas.
- The staff is polite, but speaks little English.
- The rooms need renovation.
- The cleaning is not always done – you need to ask to change towels and bed linen. You can ask for extra chairs or a table.
- It is difficult to find a quiet place on site.
- The rooms have poor soundproofing.
- Internet interruptions.1/1
In 2 * hotels in Egypt, a lot depends on the staff – if it is normal, then it will be possible solve most of the problems. Take a mosquito repellent and earplugs with you; and if the silence in the room is important for you, immediately accept the fact that Egyptian 2 * hotels are not for you (as, indeed, many “three rubles”).
Do not hesitate to ask to change the linen, give you a kettle, a hairdryer, an extra chair, etc. – managers usually go forward and try to compensate for the shortcomings of the old room stock with good service. You should not count on the knowledge of Russian by someone in the hotel, but in basic English you will definitely be able to convey your problems and aspirations to the manager.