Tourists with foreign cards must report to the tax

Russians continue to issue foreign cards. Every third is released in Kazakhstan

Tourists with foreign cards must report to the tax authorities

Tourists who opened cards or deposits in foreign banks last year are required by law in some cases to annually notify the Federal Tax Service of the movement funds in a foreign account.

 This year, tax residents of Russia must submit a report before June 1. The most convenient way is online on the website of the Federal Tax Service. But under two conditions, you do not need to notify the department.

Firstly, if the tourist opened an account in one of the countries with which automatic exchange of financial information is established. These are, for example, Türkiye, Maldives, Seychelles. The EAEU countries have also automated the process. The union includes Belarus, Armenia, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan. Secondly, if in 2022 no more than 600 thousand rubles passed through the card. This rule is spelled out in paragraph 7 of Article 12 of the Law “On Currency Regulation and Currency Control”.

In addition, it is not necessary to notify the Federal Tax Service if the account holder lives abroad for more than 183 days a year. Then he loses the status of a tax resident.

To file a report online, you need to have a personal account of the taxpayer and an electronic digital signature, select the appropriate tab in the catalog of applications and fill in all the columns. It is necessary to prepare information about the account, bank, as well as information about how much was credited to the account in 2022 and how much was spent.

You can also submit documents in writing. If the tourist does not notify the Federal Tax Service, then he faces a fine of 4 thousand to 5 thousand rubles.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *