This agreement has some nuances that need clarification. Without issuing any visas, having only a valid passport, a Russian citizen can visit Myanmar under the following conditions:
- This is not a long (up to 30 days) one-time trip (tourism, business trip).
- The entrant has documents confirming the reservation of a hotel room (a list of hotels where you need to book places for visa-free entry to Myanmar can be found on the website of the embassy of this country).
- Enter you need to enter the country through the customs points of international airports – Mandalay, Naypyidaw and Yangon.
If a Russian plans to enter Myanmar through land borders (from India, Bangladesh, China, Laos or Thailand) or several times, he needs to issue a special tourist/work visa, which will be valid for 6 months from the date of its granting:
- Simple (costs $55) – gives the right to enter Myanmar twice during the validity of the visa and stay in the country for a total of up to 30 days;
- Universal (costs $ 85) – gives the right to enter the country several times and stay in Myanmar for a total of up to 90 days.